Monday, January 6, 2014

Five Years Later

I was a freshman in high school when I last updated-- or looked at-- this blog.  I've always been interested in cryptozoology, and for a year or two, I had a lot of fun posting about some obscure favorites.  Eventually, though, BeastPedia slipped from my mind.  I completely forgot it existed, honestly... but evidently the rest of the world didn't.  Because when I nostalgically checked on it today, for the first time in years, I found that it had accumulated tens of thousands of pageviews.

To me, this was quite a surprise.  I made this blog for my own entertainment-- I never thought it would be noticed, let alone followed, by anyone else.  Still, if people are reading my posts, perhaps it's time to write a few more.  I can't promise they'll be frequent, as I've got a college-student's workload.  But cryptids have always been a strong interest of mine, and I think I can find plenty to write about.

Looking back at this blog, there's plenty of work to be done.  I wrote about a fair number of cryptids, but there are hundreds I never got to.  The posts I did write are short, and some deserve major updates.  I'd like to make this site more informative, more complete and more detailed if I can find the time.  To start with, I'll be adding a new cryptid tonight... for the first time in half a decade.

Thanks for reading, 30,000 mysterious viewers!  For now, at least, I'm back.

No comments:

Post a Comment